Today officially marks the 2-month point in my journey. It’s been exhausting, incredible, fascinating, frustrating, and one of the best decisions of my life.
I feel like I started as an eager newb with little experience when it came to full-time camping and long road trips. Now, I’m a just-as-eager traveler who has learned a lot, met extraordinary people, and experienced more spectacular moments than I could ever hope or dream.
Here are some significant things that I’ve discovered:
- Country music is not only tolerable, but is perfect for driving down back-road highways
- Always pack a rain jacket in your bag, even if it’s only a 5% chance of rain
- Never underestimate the generosity of a stranger
- High altitudes make you ridiculously thirsty
- A gorgeous view make ok activities good, and good activities great
- Microwaveable mac n cheese tastes like heaven after hiking 8 miles
- Look for the small, beautiful things that nature has to offer; this requires getting rid of your “city eyes”
As I continue my travels, I look forward to new places, new experiences, and new people I will meet along the way.
Thanks for being part of this journey.